
No I was actually right. The weekend has been ruined. What I was wrong about was who ruined it. It wasn't the Rangers, it was the Flyers. I totally forgot that they were even playing today until I tuned in with about 3 minutes left in the second - they looked pathetic. They literally could not get the puck during the third period. Letang's goal was the third time a Penguin had been allowed to cruise right in for the unprecedented "in-zone breakaway" during the period. It was a joke, and Biron was right to be upset. Seriously, what do you guys want him to do with no help? It's true that covering everyone who doesn't have the puck eliminates the pass, but it also allows the guy with the puck to do whatever he wants...think about that, bitches.
Another great by-product of this tremendous effort is that Simon Gagne is most likely out for the rest of the season. Which is great. Not that he was doing much anyway, but he's Simon Gagne. A 40 goal scorer and an Alternate Captain.
Talk about a deceiving score of 4-3...the third period was so difficult to watch I did a #4. A #4 people.
It's not the mere fact that we got 0 out of 4 possible points, so much as the fashion we did it in. We just looked sad out there. Everyone would have totally different feelings if we had a strong 4-3 loss. If we were generating scoring chances, creating turnovers, hitting hard. But we looked like bantam team that couldn't even get the puck.
.....
Say what you want about Downie skating away at the end of his fight. Jarkko Ruutu is 32. Steve Downie is 20. If he was done he was done. Linesmen break those situations up all the time, not sure why they didn't yesterday. Ruutu didn't look too into either.
Listened to: Dustin Kensrue - I Knew You Before

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home