Tuesday, September 15, 2009


One of the best days of the year is here. The day when the old, scratched up disk in my xbox gets retired to the Shelf of Fame, and replaced with this year's model. I'm talking of course about NHL10, EA Sports' hockey game that takes up as much of my free time as watching hockey does. There are reviews aplenty out there today, but seriously, if you are a puckhead, chances are you're reading this blog...and chances are you'll be in line at Gamestop tonight as soon as the work whistle blows. I'm pumped to see what the new look Flyers play like, and to start as many fights with Chris Pronger as possible. The demo was fun, but I freakin' hated playing the Wings/Penguins for the past 2 weeks. I need some Orange&Black. If you don't think the first thing I'm doing is dropping the gloves with Talbot and Carcillo, then you are sorely mistaken. If you're like me, you'll be playing this nonstop until May. There are some decent new modes, like the Battle for the Cup(just the playoffs), and also some nifty new gameplay features like board play and precision passing. It's enough to make me want to call out of work sick, tape up my thumbs, grab an orange soda and play until I puke.

So go get it already! And if you're playing on Xbox 360, send us an email and we'll get a FGSB group going for weekly battles over the innernette. Check out Puck Daddy's review as well as Metacritic's score.

And no, this isn't a sponsored post, although it feels like one. But shit, if Microsoft, EA or anyone else wants to throw me some Wawa shorti money, I'll talk about anything (except for children, I'm required by law not to talk about, to look at, to have, to build cool forts for, or to socialize with children).
Let's Go Flyers.

4 Comments:

Anonymous TS said...

glorious

September 15, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't stand playing as the Red Wings, not getting two goals in the third period, and having to watch the Penguins win the Cup. I played the other mode and got good at being drafted by the Islanders.

September 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Mother Pucker Hockey said...

How wicked is this game? Much better than the demo! I'm still brutal at fighting though! haha

September 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Sam Hurd said...

Love it, a solid post and especially solid screenshot for my new desktop until the puck drops in October.

September 15, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home