Man, go to Rhode Island for a few days to break into Brian Boucher’s childhood bedroom and you sure do miss a lot. I’ve been poking around the internet and it looks like this is what’s happening, in case you were away from the web for the weekend as well:
- new/old jerseys revealed for the Winter Classic
- rookie win against the Caps with 4 Rabbit points and two crappy Clackson fights
- fitness testing yesterday
-all 59 guys, including Gagne, Maroon, Betts, and Bell were on the ice this morning for the first official full team skate of the season.
- games this week, including the Leafs on the NHL Network on Thursday
- cuts start next Monday and the team should be finalized by the 30th in preparation for opening night on October 2nd.
Is that about it?
The only real question on everyone’s mind and typewriters seems to be who the forwards are going to be that join Carter, Richards, Briere, Gagne, Lappy, Asham, Giroux, Carcillo, and Hartnell. The real contenders seem to be Betts, Powe, and Rabbit. From what I understand the Flyers only have 49 contracts so Betts might actually be a Flyer this year even though Homer prefers to leave some space between himself and any sort of restricting rules. I think Powe – Betts – Asham (with Cote in the press box) is a really strong 4th line so I wouldn’t mind seeing Homer make a move.
Getting back to what I missed, I have a question about the Winter Classic Jersey thing. I looked at the photos and the whole thing seemed a little weird. I mean, I could see the jersey through the ice so…. And none of the guys wanted to wear some event pants? Gagne serious with those Chucks? Either way, what happens when we need a new jersey for something else at some point down the road? We’re really raping this retro thing. Might have to go future next time. Like metal numbers and glow stick names or something. I guess be fine with any jersey they reveal for their next change/event as long as it has nothing to do with this:

And while I have you. Who is offering some serious coverage of this camp? I want to know what number Betts is wearing, I want to know if any of the guys got a little rough, I want to know where guys who are at camp on a tryout are staying and who’s paying for it. Is anyone attending camp and really giving the detailed scoop? If you happen to know please holler at me in the comments.
- new/old jerseys revealed for the Winter Classic
- rookie win against the Caps with 4 Rabbit points and two crappy Clackson fights
- fitness testing yesterday
-all 59 guys, including Gagne, Maroon, Betts, and Bell were on the ice this morning for the first official full team skate of the season.
- games this week, including the Leafs on the NHL Network on Thursday
- cuts start next Monday and the team should be finalized by the 30th in preparation for opening night on October 2nd.
Is that about it?
The only real question on everyone’s mind and typewriters seems to be who the forwards are going to be that join Carter, Richards, Briere, Gagne, Lappy, Asham, Giroux, Carcillo, and Hartnell. The real contenders seem to be Betts, Powe, and Rabbit. From what I understand the Flyers only have 49 contracts so Betts might actually be a Flyer this year even though Homer prefers to leave some space between himself and any sort of restricting rules. I think Powe – Betts – Asham (with Cote in the press box) is a really strong 4th line so I wouldn’t mind seeing Homer make a move.
Getting back to what I missed, I have a question about the Winter Classic Jersey thing. I looked at the photos and the whole thing seemed a little weird. I mean, I could see the jersey through the ice so…. And none of the guys wanted to wear some event pants? Gagne serious with those Chucks? Either way, what happens when we need a new jersey for something else at some point down the road? We’re really raping this retro thing. Might have to go future next time. Like metal numbers and glow stick names or something. I guess be fine with any jersey they reveal for their next change/event as long as it has nothing to do with this:

And while I have you. Who is offering some serious coverage of this camp? I want to know what number Betts is wearing, I want to know if any of the guys got a little rough, I want to know where guys who are at camp on a tryout are staying and who’s paying for it. Is anyone attending camp and really giving the detailed scoop? If you happen to know please holler at me in the comments.

2 Comments:
" I want to know where guys who are at camp on a tryout are staying and who’s paying for it."
Hampton Inn right down the street from Skate Zone, and the Flyers, obviously, are paying.
Is that Ground Round still right across the street? I grew up in Voorhees! What! What!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home