The Flyers got alot of stuff going on today.First, they're unveiling the jersey they'll soon be selling to you and I for the Winter Classic. Everyone believes that it'll be a throwback to the iconic 70s white sweaters as shown above. I doubt the league will want Chris Pronger potentially camouflaged in a white jersey while its snowing in Boston on New Years Day. I also doubt Patrice Bergeron will be able to skate off the ice under his own power if Randy 'White Shark' Jones is circling the rink. (h/t for the pic from The Hockey News)
Secondly, and more importantly, we got hockey to watch at work! At 3pm, the Flyers rookies take on the Washington Capitals rookies in a game that is always fun to watch. JVRabbit will be out there, so will Cup'O Nodl, Matsumoto and everybodys "it" guy, Patrick Maroon. Newcomers Kevin Marshall and Marc-Andre Bourdon will be on the blueline, and it'll be nice to see what they've learned in the Q so far. Last years game was a bit of a blowout in the opposite direction, but it saw alot of solid play from our rookies, as well as some tussles. This year, I think we get a war. Guys know this might be their last time to impress Papa Stevens, and I predict we're going to see a great pond hockey type game all while hiding the tiny videoplayer from our bosses on this Friday afternoon. Both are available to view on flyers.nhl.com and csnphilly.com. It's the weekend, and tomorrow is the start of camp. Get happy people. Let's Go Flyers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home