Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm not sure how much more of this I can watch. I guess that depends on how much longer the Flyers can keep doing it. By "it", of course, I'm referring to going to Top Dog in Cherry Hill after big wins and getting french kisses in the bathroom.

"It" could also refer to watching the Flyers get dominated in their own zone. The second half of the game was unbearable to the point that I was actually not worried at all when Coburn took a hooking penalty with 4 minutes left. There was actually no difference in the Islanders time, or style, of possession during this final powerplay and the previous 26 minutes. I also was considering the fact that killing off a 5-on-4 would get the crowd going a little more, which would get the Flyers going for the last 2 minutes, a little moreso than the previous 26 minutes that they had been killing off 5-on-5.

Either way I suppose, they managed to score more goals than the other team again while being absolutely dominated for large periods of time. I guess this is a testament to Martin Biron and the incredible devotion to shot blocking among both forwards and defense. But the system has to change, and it's not just one thing - forwards were too low at times and not at others, there were A LOT of puck handling mistakes(end of the 2nd - Simon goal), the center is losing his man down low at certain times but at others is on him like Colton Orr on the penis-shaped pasta in the sex novelty store....I don 't know exactly. But if it were my job I'd try to figure something new out before Thursday.

For the purposes of a seamless transition, let's pretend I was just talking about Braydon Coburn. Braydon Coburn played extremely well last night. He skates so effortlessly and almost always handles the puck cleanly. I would like to see, as he gets some more time in the league, him try and push his rushes a little, instead of settling for a clapper from the blue line. You can tell that he is going deceivingly fast as he passes even his own players. I'd be willing to bet opposing defensemen would misjudge him, and he would use his speed to take it wide and his size to bring it back to the net. Either way he looked great last night. Sexually.

Every time I saw an impressive play by Coburn last night I would laugh to myself. We gave up 1 player, I understand he was a great player but still, for 22 games. And when all was said and done...the Preds didn't have him, they didn't have a cup, and they didn't have the following players:

Braydon Coburn -22
Scottie Upshall -24
Scott Hartnell - 25
Kimmo Timmonen - 32, former Captain, very solid offensively and defensively

I hope, in fact I would advise the FBI to look into it, that Forsberg was sent down to Nashville with a stomach full of cocaine-packed balloons and the Nashville GM made a killing off of it, and was finally able to get that naked picture of Dolly Parton and Elmo he's been chasing for 12 years.

Two notes:
- Congrats Rory on your first Flyer scrap - I like you more and more every time you push someone down.
- RJ, you got the lead picture because I thought you made the smartest and most consistent plays during the game, all while giving that extra effort - especially on the penalty kill.

Listened to: Apartment Story - The National

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coburn came from Atlanta for Zhitnik!

November 13, 2007 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Can't win 'em all.

On a brighter note...somebody's reading this!

November 14, 2007 at 12:58 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Parent - 20!

November 14, 2007 at 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate having to "watch" the games down here in alabama using nhl.com's real-time scores. (and sometimes the occassional game on the Versus Network)

it kills me that i can't watch the scrums and scoring.

but on the positive side, i can still keep up on the flyers while i'm in class every night for 4 hours, and have great reads here for my offtime here at work.

Keep it up!
-Pegleggedpete

November 14, 2007 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home