Tonight the Flyers take on the New York Jerks for the first time this season. I will be in attendance tonight and am looking forward to seeing the full (offensive at least) lineup. If you're not going to the game tonight let me give you a little idea of what you're missing: the most obnoxious and ugly fans in all of sports whistling the stupidest chant in all of sports about a former New York Islander....People who know NOTHING about hockey - an example being when they cheer for the take down in the fight, not the number of hard rights and lefts that landed regardless of who falls on whom.
When I first got to this city I thought it'd be a fun idea, living literally 1 block from MSG, to get a small season ticket plan of 12 games in the top shelf for a reasonable price. The first game I went to was with my sister - Ranger vs. Islanders...pre-season mind you. The entire top level was full of red-faced assholes fighting and screaming profanities even though there were kids all around. It was really terrible. A Rangers fan 3 seats over kicked a pregnant woman in the face during the 2nd period while trying to climb up three rows to fight an Islanders fan who was heckling Jagr.
We decided to suck it up and pay significantly more exorbitant ticket prices to try and avoid this. But you never know with these people. It's either too many tall boys in the last row in the arena or too many martini's in the first row.
Chances of on-ice fights tonight are 100%. I like where Tim Panaccio's head is at:
"This is the first time the Flyers have been to Madison Square Garden since last March when Colton Orr destroyed Todd Fedoruk in a fight in the opening minutes.I told Riley Cote I expect him to drop the gloves with Orr sometime in the first period. Cote indicated to me he's hoping that presents itself. Hey, it's not a Flyers-Rangers game without a good fight, is it?Both teams want to prove something."
Nothing like a Flyers vs. Rangers Game:
If you haven't seen Mike Richards take on Paul Mara then you don't know why we should dissolve the US Army and enlist Mike RIchards. Giving up 4 inches and 30 lbs, Richards hammers Mara. People who call this a draw are really stupid...and ugly.
Listened to: The Consultant sitting next to me rip the loudest farts I've ever heard in public.


1 Comments:
richards is nails. eager v. orr tonight will be classic. this game is huuuge! With the iggles shittin' the bed last night, the entire city of Philly should be screamin' "LET'S GO FLY-ERS!"
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home