Flyers 5 – Penguins 2 (10-6-0)Last night the Flyers did their best Phillies imitation when they burst out of the gates with a 3-0 lead, allowed the Penguins to come within one, and then in the end held on for the win.
As far as my thoughts on the game go….
I think the honeymoon is over for Sidney Crosby. He was/is a great for the post-lockout face of the NHL, but he talks more than Ben Eager out there – to the refs, barking at the other Captains….I guess it’s one of the luxuries you can afford with George Laraques sitting on the bench. Although I don’t ever remember seeing Gretzky or Lemieux talk nearly that much. Not sure what can put him back on the rails, but I’m pretty sure in one of the next intrastate contests Mike Richards will have something to do with it…
There were two fights last night: first Jason Smith fed a possibly already cut Ryan Malone three hard uppercuts and then just took him down and in the second period Rosey had his first career NHL fight against Daryl Sydor. He actually did pretty well – way better than I expected he would do – and even managed to pop Sydor with the knock-down punch and give him a little shiner. That is the kind of stuff you love to see, especially from a young kid fighting for a spot day in and day out. I’m not sure why he wouldn’t have his strap fastened. I mean I’m sure he didn’t think he would get in a scrap, but does leaving the fighting strap unfastened offer any advantage when simply skating and shooting?
I was kind of disappointed that Coburn didn’t get a chance to open Malone up again. Braydon’s had 2 NHL fights: one against Bates Bataglia and he got knocked out by Mike Rupp. He plays a good physical game, but I’m sure most Flyers fans would like to see him add the occasional fight to his repertoire.
Congrats to Scott Hartnell….hopefully they’ll starting coming like grapes. I had 43 beers for you.
Listened to: The Perishers - Sway

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home