
Well, seeing as the Islanders got spanked last night, looks like a win tomorrow will put the Flyers in sole possession of first place. Thought it was interesting that Sundin got all three stars of the game - he must've had a hell of a performance....
It was also nice to see that Ryan Kessler has decided not to wait for the league review and go ahead and hand out a 20 game suspension to Boulerice. I actually think this is something the NHL should look into. We could save a lot of time and effort if the wronged player got to hand out suspensions. Maybe if Ryan Kessler wasn't searching through his purse for his chapstick he would've have seen him coming. Also, if he didn't go down like an Italian soccer player on a phantom trip and went back after Boulerice I wonder if a suspension would even be forthcoming. No broken bones, no games missed - he has a red mark on his face. These days this would probably get a season suspension:
Boulerice's hearing is today, and I'm going to state the obvious, but I'm pretty sure this will be the most watched hearing since the OJ Simpson verdict. If you know, please leave a comment saying which channel it will be on.
Flyers come home tomorrow, which I'm like totally super-siked about, but it's kind of a slow Flyers days. So I'm going to take you through, in a very particular order, what I deem to be the 5 worst hockey movies of all-time:
It was also nice to see that Ryan Kessler has decided not to wait for the league review and go ahead and hand out a 20 game suspension to Boulerice. I actually think this is something the NHL should look into. We could save a lot of time and effort if the wronged player got to hand out suspensions. Maybe if Ryan Kessler wasn't searching through his purse for his chapstick he would've have seen him coming. Also, if he didn't go down like an Italian soccer player on a phantom trip and went back after Boulerice I wonder if a suspension would even be forthcoming. No broken bones, no games missed - he has a red mark on his face. These days this would probably get a season suspension:
Boulerice's hearing is today, and I'm going to state the obvious, but I'm pretty sure this will be the most watched hearing since the OJ Simpson verdict. If you know, please leave a comment saying which channel it will be on.
Flyers come home tomorrow, which I'm like totally super-siked about, but it's kind of a slow Flyers days. So I'm going to take you through, in a very particular order, what I deem to be the 5 worst hockey movies of all-time:
5. Sudden Death 
Even appearances by Luc Robatille, Bill Clement (hey Bill!), Markus Naslund, Bernie Nicholls, and former Flyer Greg Hawgood couldn't keep this movie off the list. The fact that the Blackhawks were played by the Cleveland Lumber Jacks of the IHL and the Jaromir Jagr complained that the player wearing his 68 in the film was minus 3 don't even compare to the ridiculousness of Jean Claude Vandame playing goalie for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals. Other notables on the Lumberjacks include: Patrick Lalime, Chris Tamer, Ian Moran, and Brad Lauer.

Even appearances by Luc Robatille, Bill Clement (hey Bill!), Markus Naslund, Bernie Nicholls, and former Flyer Greg Hawgood couldn't keep this movie off the list. The fact that the Blackhawks were played by the Cleveland Lumber Jacks of the IHL and the Jaromir Jagr complained that the player wearing his 68 in the film was minus 3 don't even compare to the ridiculousness of Jean Claude Vandame playing goalie for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals. Other notables on the Lumberjacks include: Patrick Lalime, Chris Tamer, Ian Moran, and Brad Lauer.
It will just be easier to name everything I hate about these movies: Quacking, Emilio Esteves skating, the triple deke, Goldberg, Fulton, Charlie Conway being a sissy, the name Gordon Bombay, the skating, bringing in the whole team USA aspect, Ken Wu and every other addition to the team, the fact that Team Iceland is dressed like Darth Vader, that they seem to think it's acceptable to stop and take a slap shot on a penalty shot, Banks, the knuckle puck, that they had the audacity to make a third one, that they all went to the same school, and the sex scene between Gordon Bombay and Charlie Conway.
I've never seen this but I've been to both Billy Guerin and John Stevens homes and apparently their kids. when younger, went apeshit for this movie. I literally couldn't even watch this on a hungover Sunday when it was raining.
If you've seen this Paul Walker flick then you also know what it's like to throw up on yourself while seeing a disturbing incident. The mob/blacklight/glowing puck/slapshot scene was more than I could take. The movie was terrible to begin with, and then they had to take it to rink. I had to buy a new tv after that one.
Honorable mentions: The Cutting Edge, Mystery Alaska
Listened to: Fleetwood Mac - Sweat Girl




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home