
Flyers 3 - Flames 2 (1 - 0 - 0)
When asked for a comment on the Flyers win last night at his home in Voorhees, Philadelphia Phillies "pitcher" Freddy Garcia said, "I didn't see much of the game. But it looks to me like Daniel Briere has fulfilled his contractual obligations to the Flyers." Joking aside, Briere really did impress me last night. He's faster than I remember and really has a nose for the net. If last night is any indication he's going to have a great year.
So I'm sure you all (meaning the zero people reading this) have read the articles and recaps of last night's game. It was a great win, but I wasn't very impressed with the overall gameplay. They got off to a great,quick start but then they either were on their heels or the Flames started playing like expected. The shots were comparable at 23-24, but the puck possesion and gameplay were not. Hopefully it's just a matter of the team coming together.
Everyone seems VERY impressed with Tolpeko's speed, and I must admit I was as well. There were a couple "wait, who is that guy?" as he was flying around on the ice. He didn't put up a tremendous amount of points in the WHL, which is probably why he went undrafted. But any 21 year old who can put up 30 points in the AHL is definitely worth a good look. Watch out RJ....
It was nice to see Boulerice go, wasn't a very good fight and I would definitely give the win to Godard, but sometimes just dropping the gloves is the most meaningful part - this was one of those times. The Philly papers are calling Boulerice the Flyers tough guy, which leads me to believe that Ben Eager will be fighting tomorrow night in Edmonton. Cote should too, but he seems a bit precocious about it. Ever since I saw him drop the mits last year against Brasher (I think) who just skated away leaving Cote to pick up all his stuff, I've kind of looked at him as a 2nd to 3rd tier fighter. On the subject of fighting...who is David Koci...?
David Koci vs. Derek Boogaard
There were a lot of great effort plays out there - diving to clear the puck, blocking shots - which as great to see. Win or lose, bust your balls. Two points is just as valuable now as it is in game 80 when you're fighting for that last playoff spot.
Time for the game designations:
Flyer of the Game - #48
If Everyone Played Like This Guy - #18
Flyers Goalie of the Game - #43
Hoped for more from - #55
Play of the Game - Steve Downie's pass to Gagne from Pennsylvania that lead to the winning goal
It's looking like a long day at work, so I can't promise this will be the last post of the day...I've got Pelle Eklund on the mind for some reason....
On as sad note, I hate to bring someting like this up with the recent deaths of the Blackhawks owner and possibly the best discus thrower ever, but the Rangers won last night.
Do things come in three's or is the third time the charm?
Listening to: Hard Fi - Television
When asked for a comment on the Flyers win last night at his home in Voorhees, Philadelphia Phillies "pitcher" Freddy Garcia said, "I didn't see much of the game. But it looks to me like Daniel Briere has fulfilled his contractual obligations to the Flyers." Joking aside, Briere really did impress me last night. He's faster than I remember and really has a nose for the net. If last night is any indication he's going to have a great year.
So I'm sure you all (meaning the zero people reading this) have read the articles and recaps of last night's game. It was a great win, but I wasn't very impressed with the overall gameplay. They got off to a great,quick start but then they either were on their heels or the Flames started playing like expected. The shots were comparable at 23-24, but the puck possesion and gameplay were not. Hopefully it's just a matter of the team coming together.
Everyone seems VERY impressed with Tolpeko's speed, and I must admit I was as well. There were a couple "wait, who is that guy?" as he was flying around on the ice. He didn't put up a tremendous amount of points in the WHL, which is probably why he went undrafted. But any 21 year old who can put up 30 points in the AHL is definitely worth a good look. Watch out RJ....
It was nice to see Boulerice go, wasn't a very good fight and I would definitely give the win to Godard, but sometimes just dropping the gloves is the most meaningful part - this was one of those times. The Philly papers are calling Boulerice the Flyers tough guy, which leads me to believe that Ben Eager will be fighting tomorrow night in Edmonton. Cote should too, but he seems a bit precocious about it. Ever since I saw him drop the mits last year against Brasher (I think) who just skated away leaving Cote to pick up all his stuff, I've kind of looked at him as a 2nd to 3rd tier fighter. On the subject of fighting...who is David Koci...?
David Koci vs. Derek Boogaard
There were a lot of great effort plays out there - diving to clear the puck, blocking shots - which as great to see. Win or lose, bust your balls. Two points is just as valuable now as it is in game 80 when you're fighting for that last playoff spot.
Time for the game designations:
Flyer of the Game - #48
If Everyone Played Like This Guy - #18
Flyers Goalie of the Game - #43
Hoped for more from - #55
Play of the Game - Steve Downie's pass to Gagne from Pennsylvania that lead to the winning goal
It's looking like a long day at work, so I can't promise this will be the last post of the day...I've got Pelle Eklund on the mind for some reason....
On as sad note, I hate to bring someting like this up with the recent deaths of the Blackhawks owner and possibly the best discus thrower ever, but the Rangers won last night.
Do things come in three's or is the third time the charm?
Listening to: Hard Fi - Television

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home