Friday, October 24, 2008


Having no defined audience and not being employed by the Flyers gives me the freedom to call things exactly how I see them when it comes to the Flyers. It also gives me the freedom to work long hours at my actual job and squeeze in posts late at night while drinking a Sierra Nevada for "inspiration." Whenever the Flyers lose, take Wednesday night for instance, I always get a kick out of going to the Flyers website and seeing how they make it seem not so bad. So where as I was thinking "Six loses in a row - are you fucking kidding me?" I knew they would have to put some positive spin on it. They never disappoint. As you can see above they chose to highlight the Flyers never say die attitude while pointing out that they lost in one of the aspects of the game that many people find trivial. I totally get it, and I'll be the first to admit that I'd do the same thing if Comcast was paying my $2,000 cable bill ($10 a piece? come on!). I venture to argue that I might be even better than whoever is currently writing these things up. I'll give you an example: last night I would have gone with something like "Anti-Semitic Refs Cost Flyers Game" or "Roenick Statutory Rape Trial on Hold - Manages to Lure Puck into Net in Shootout." And those are just off the top of my head.


I wish I had kept better track of them after each game this year, because I can't seem to find them anywhere on the website. Recaps yes, rotating lead page no. So here are some guesses. I've gone ahead and mixed the order up to make it into a fun game where you can guess which headline goes with which loss. Any winning submission will receive a free Todd Fedoruk stick handling video. Here we go!

1. Flyers Dominate 2nd and 3rd Periods
2. Flyers Participate in 2/3 of a Game
3. 3 Periods No Problem For Flyers
4. 4 Periods? What Else You Got?
5. Flyers Don't Shoot Just For the Sake of Shooting
6. Flyers Play Two Periods

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home