Friday, October 17, 2008




It's hard to find anything positive to say about the Flyers in their 2008-2009 campaign so far. I'm trying to remain upbeat about them based on what I see from Gagne, Kimmo, Richards and Sbisa. But while writing this post, that's all I could think of... Carter continues to forget that he can be a stud, but he does show flashes of it. Riley Cote looks like he goes out on the ice to punch, not to win. He's more or less clocking into his 9-to-5, not trying to get his team pumped. I think the best thing for him is to get worked one more time, maybe a bit bloody, to get his nasty edge back. Daniel Briere has been quiet, as has Upshall, Metro, Hartnell
, Knuble and Lupul. This team shows streaks of flashiness, but never dominance.

The Flyers need to get consistent scoring from all lines to win. That's how they're built. When thats not happening, they rely too much on a patch-worked defense that isn't quite gelling yet. (I hate those Dr. Scholls commercials). Marty Biron needs to stop doing interviews for Flyers TV, TSN, Comcast, and VH1 and start remembering why he's our #1.


I wish we could get a gimme game against the Isle, but that's not going to happen. Up next is two games against the Sharks, a tough Western division foe who likes the color Teal way too much. For the Flyers sake, they need to win both games, to get some mojo back. If not, we're looking at a tough uphill climb in our own division before we even cut into the Turkey.
Go Flyers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home