About the Series:The Flyers could not be in a better position going into this series. I haven't checked any sites for Round 2 predictions but would be very surprised to find anyone who thinks the Flyers can get 2 wins in this series, much less take the whole thing. As the Bruins just proved this is a great position for any competitive team - 1 game at a time - anything can happen. If you lose that's what was supposed to happen anyway.
If making it into the playoffs didn't exceed everyone's expectations then winning in the first round surely did. This Flyers team has nothing left to prove to anyone. From #30 in the league to one of the top 8 in a single season - unbelievable. If the Flyers skate off the ice on Wednesday night for the last time this season it will be to resounding applause from the Orange Crush.
The pressure is off. The boys can loosen up those grips.
About a website:
I was wondering if I should give these guys the satisfaction of even addressing them on my measly, little web log, but part of me can't help it. The part of me that pees in the elevator at work when I'm alone in it.
So, if you want to keep up to date on Flyer bashing during this series take a stroll over to Four Habs Fans.
I don't know where they find the time (or joke calendars) but these guys write on average 47 posts a day. 47 gut-busting posts.
An example of their latest hilarity is their ingenious plan to, get this, take a picture of a girl from the ice team and say that it's the only good thing about the Flyers! Whoa momma! If you didn't just puke on your computer from laughing too hard read on!
Things to look out for from Quebec's version of Kids in the Hall, but only funnier:
- Rip-roaring good times at the expense of Danny Briere
- A lot of bitching. About Flyers who have wronged them, non-calls, etc.
- Clever references to the Rocky Statue
- Non-stop references to the Broad Street Bullies and our 5 suspensions this year
- Something about boobs
- No mention about how Jim Dowd tore it up in 14 games as a Hab
- Riley Cote/Steve Downie/Dave Brown expose
- Cheesteak related humor
- A cool post tied in with references to the hit film Titanic
- A LOT of pictures that make you think "These guys know how to find dirty pictures."
And plenty more!
You already knew that French Canadians are the coolest - but these guys are the coolest of the coolest. So get ready to laugh.

9 Comments:
Dear Four Habs Fans,
1.) Put on more deodorant. Every Hab fan, maybe its every person in Montreal, needs to understand that human beings sweat, and on most people, that sweat is terribly smelly. I guess thats what you get for being french canadian....
2.) You just got Downie'd
Dear Brian Propp,
Please take note that Mcdonalds, KFC, Taco Bell and Burger King is not considered exquisite dining. I guess thats what you get for being an ingnorant American...
You're probably not going to have to work very hard to match wits with the quebecqois, so take it easy on these poor guys.
Interesting insult regarding the fast food in light of the fact that outside of Poutine, and Bell Centre hot dogs (which are unparalleled by any in the league), those people live on places like Burger King.
Everyone knows taco bell was founded in mexico and kfc was founded in the upper mantel of the earth, somewhere under Australia.
What was the point, anyway?
1) Hockey is a sport that involves sweat. Leave it to some pussy Flyers fan to wilt like a lily and succumb to mindnumbing stereotype.
2) TSN reports: Sitting out tonight's game vs. the Canadiens. Steve Downie's short bus is lost in traffic.
Your kidding right? Showing an example of irony?
Discounting stereotypes and making fun of retarded people the next breath?
Actually...I was making fun of Steve Downie.
Are you implying that Downie is mentally challenged??
I suppose, all things considered, I can understand why you would make that assumption.
I have some friends that like to leave comments. I'll introduce them to this AMAZING site!
Ah, Philly. It's the Alabama of the North.
Where else do you see pick-ups with gunracks downtown?
Where else is a slather of fat, cheese and wonderbread a point of civic pride?
Je leur addresserai sur leur niveau, mais je suis certain qu'ils manquent l'humeur.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home