
I found it amusing as I looked at the standings today that it was just last week angry fans were flooding the phone lines of 610 demanding John Stevens' head. The Flyers are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games which makes them the 2nd hottest team that currently holds a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Last night's win was a great one. Although they didn't have much sustained pressure they hardly looked to be outplayed. And when it comes down to it they won. They beat the Rangers twice in a row down the stretch. Now if only they can do the same to another team...
The Flyers focus turns to the mini-playoffs that lay ahead in the form of a two game series with the Penguins and a 2 game series against a team that seems to have their number, but only sits 3 points ahead of them in the standings, the Devils. (If me not mentioning the Islanders game here serves as some sort of a jinx than I'll continue to not mention the lottery and await my winnings.) Of these 4 games the Flyers need 5 points to reach 95, more or less assuring themselves a playoff spot.
The Sabres, Panthers, and Leafs seem to have dropped out of the playoff race last night with ill-timed losses (as opposed to well-timed losses). Who knows how things will play out with all of these intra-conference games remaining, but it looks like the Flyers will more closely be following the happenings in the South, as opposed to the Northeast. The Hurricanes (8-1-1) and the Caps (7-3-0) are both on fire. The Caps have two possible roads to the playoffs - make it in straight on points our bump out the Hurricanes for the divisional lead and the 3rd spot in the conference, which might not even result in the Bruins, Flyers, or Rangers missing the playoffs if the Hurricanes don't have enough points. It's impossible to predict what's going to happen, but I'm not sure AO is willing to take no for an answer....
Team I'd most like to avoid in the 1st round - Ottawa.
Listened to: Blake Shelton - The More I Drink

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home