In an attempt to freshen things up for the final 17 days of the regular season, with hopes of a strong push to the playoffs, John Stevens has instituted a "mandatory" wife/girlfriend swap within the team. From what we understand the Flyers names were put into one hat and the significant other's were put into a different one, and the coaches took turns picking names from each. Short story short: little did the players know that Thursday night was the last one they would spend with their significant others until the end of the season."I kissed my wife good bye and went to the rink on Thursday, and had been talking to her all weekend. Even this morning on the way to the rink. Little did I know she had been reassigned to Riley Cote." said Flyers forward Scott Hartnell. "Yeah, I mean, I was pretty shocked."
The move comes as the Flyers have Lost 16 or their last 21 games. Stevens was going to try something more conventional, but says he changed his mind after an embarrassing loss to the Penguins on Sunday.
"I was just going to have the guys change skates. Like Sami would wear Smithers' skates and so on, but after we got spanked yesterday I decided that the boys need a little stronger wake up call. I thought this was the espresso to that coffee."
We checked with the NHL to see if a move of this type was allowed under league rules, but since Stevens has officially stated that the swap is voluntary there is nothing the league can do. In the same statement Stevens also said that playing and getting paid on Tuesday was voluntary.
Mike Knuble seemed to be the most distressed. "I've been here for 3 years now, and all of a sudden my wife is living with Jarislov Modry? I don't even know that guy....he could be a pervert. And I get stuck with Sylvie Briere? That's just not right. She already texted me and asked me what kind of red wine I want tonight, and asked if I want to continue with the Chaucer or move onto something more classical. What the f$%@ is that about?"
Only time will tell if this gamble works out. We at least can be sure about one thing: John Stevens' players trust him. As evidenced by Jim Dowd's comments:
"Alright, I want to win as much as the next guy, maybe more, so I'm going to do this. But if Scottie thinks I'm paying this gal for him he's got another thing coming. I make the league minimum and assume that my wife will want to come back to be after a couple weeks with The Bull. If she's allowed. I can't be paying this girl $4k a night."

4 Comments:
I would do naughty things to Mrs. Hartnell...
you're acting like riley cote would be a bad pick....when all he would want to do is tell ghost stories and drink hot cocoa. I bet all the wives were secretly gunning to get him.
That's quite a rack on Stacy!
Hockey wives rule!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home