Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I just had a premonition, while farting in the back corner of the pantry here at work, that the Flyers will score 7+ goals tonight. And I really believe it. The Flyers are playing a team that they know they can beat and they know that they have to win, I'm hoping that the confidence they lacked this weekend will come shining through.

Doesn't it just feel like everything is aligned? In about 2 hours people are going to be pouring into the South Philly parking lots around the Wachovia Center, and as the doors open and fans in Flyers jerseys exit their cars and enter the night they'll bring an energy with them. The buzz should be good right from the beginning of the game. A good rendition of "Let's go Flyers" would be great for the opening faceoff. It's not everyday your back is truly, and actually against the wall. Today it is and I think they're going to do it.

"It's a great day for hockey!"

Listened to: Phoenix - Lost and Found
.
ps - on this day in 2006 the Flyers beat the Thrashers 4-2 on goals by Mike Knuble, Jeff Carter, RJ Umberger, and MA native Niko Dimitriakos.
.
pps - Happy Birthday Kimmo Timonen!
.
pps - There's just something about the dirty South. The Flyers overall record record against the Atlanta Flames (now Calgary) was 24-15-8. In their last contest on March 30, 1980 the Flyers beat the Flames 4-2. Tom Gorence, Bill Barber, Paul Holmgren, and Brian Propp provided the offensive fire power for that game.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to bust you theory about everything being aligned, but not many people will be pouring into the Wachovia Center tonight, 95 is shut down for 3 miles in both directions due to a faulty support beam that is cracked down the middle holding up the highway...They shut down 95 for 2-4 days to fix it, so what happened in Minnesota doesn't happen here...p.s. when i read that part about you farting in the pantry, I snarffed my water all over my desk and my boss caught me...

March 18, 2008 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

If you build it....or even if you don't.

March 18, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home