
Flyers-friendly websites are reporting that Mike Richards and Kimmo Timonen helped the East beat the West in tonight's All-Star game, but I'm not really sure that's the case. Although Richards did have a very nice assist on the East's second goal of the game he was otherwise invisible - except when he failed to convert on an open net opportunity in the 2nd. Richards had no shots on goal and was even at the end of the match. Timonen was -2 with no points, and was almost as equally difficult to find out there.
If I were coach John Stevens I would sandbag the entire Flyers team today for that performance while Richards and Timonen sat on actual pedestals at center ice. This game was an opportunity to show the 20k people in Atlanta and the 20k people watching at home how we play hockey in Philadephia - mainly dirty and hard. I didn't see any hooking, tripping, or face-washing out there. I am utterly disappointed.
And if I'm John Stevens the one thing I especially don't see is a brand new Dodge Caravan in the parking lot of the Flyers Skatezone this morning. A vehicle of that prestige could have been the perk we needed to lure Peter Forsberg back to Philadelphia and we let it slip through our fingers because it would have been too embarrassing to block a couple shots, break a couple sticks on the crossbar, or drop your gloves with Chris Osgood.
If this is any indication of how we're going to play down the stretch please let me know now so I can cancel my Center Ice. That $40 I'd get back could buy enough crack to lure Amy Winehouse to my apartment where I could lock her under the stairs so no one would have to ever look at her disgusting Groucho Marx face ever again.
Listened to - M.I.A. - Paper Planes

4 Comments:
moron,
there is never hitting or physical play of any kind in a NHL all star game....geez....
see above comment for what stupidity sounds like.....
I wish Mike Richards would have gotten that dodge-stratus-caravan-p.o.s.
That or Jovanovski have gotten suspended for the hit on Kovulchuk.
i believe rick needs to look up satire and/or sarcasm in the dictionary.
also, my favorite part of the all-star game?
When Bettman got Booed HARD right after the game.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home