Monday, November 19, 2007

As you all know by now it's Monday November, 19th. And if you know that, you also know what that means - today I'll be dipping my long plastic stick with a squeezable handle at one end and a shark head that opens and closes at the other into the Flyers Goal Scored By....Mailbag. So, without further ado:



Ryan,

What do you think about Mattias Ohlund being suspended for 4 games following his slash that cracked a bone Mikko Koivu's left leg?

Roderick Stewart
London, England

I'm not so concerned with that fact that Ohlund broke a bone in Koivu's leg. I don't necessarily think that the extent of an injury to a wronged player should determine the penalty. If that were the case then teams would probably start sneaking players with Osteogenesis imperfecta into their lineups and getting opposing players suspended for life. Am I right? Yes I am. I do however think that a two-hander on any player, regardless of location or injury, warrants a 10 game minimum suspension.

Ry,

Do you think that there's any chance that Jeff Carter will be traded this season?

Count Chocula
Golden Valley, MN

Count, thanks for writing. I don't see any reason why the Flyers would even consider trading Carter. He's not even 23 yet and has 11 points in 19 games, which is not bad at all. Even though the Flyers have undergone a restructuring that has put them in playoff contention I think it's important to remember that they are still rebuilding and want to hold onto their young core of players. The fact that the rumor involves Ryan Kessler makes it even more ridiculous, seeing as we attempted to kill him just over a month ago.

Brian,

Are you aware that you might be the the stupidest, ugliest, and stupidest person in the world? And the fact that you're a Flyers fan multiplies all that stupid ugly times a billion?

Jake Roberts
Gainsville, Texas

Ben Eager?

Ryan,

Would you like to regale us with one of your many cool stories?

R-Lo,
North York, ONT

What a great idea! Ok, here's one - I step off the elevator at 3 in the morning in the the Bridgeport Marriott and there's Francis Lessard, just sitting there in one of those 2 chairs that are always next to the table that no one ever sits at, eating a kit-kat and drinking a beer. Now Francis is the only member of the Chicago Wolves that I wasn't just entertaining with my dance moves, namely the worm - it's my weakness, in our hotel room....so I go and sit next to him and he gives me a beer. We're talking about who-knows-what and we end up in a conversation about lifting weights. Somehow he ends up making me come to the hotel weight room him and makes me spot him while he bench presses....is that crazy or what!?!?

Listened to: As Tall As Lions - Ghost of York

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home