I was out and about last night living la vida loca so I missed the game, but apparently I didn't miss much. It's now Sunday and I'm fast forwarding through the game, only stopping it when there seems to be a gathering of players or the score changes. I haven't read anything on the game but I can tell you this:- Scottie Upshall was the Flyer of the game. Everytime there's a skirmish Upshall is right in there. His last shift of the 1st period was one of the better shifts by any player I've seen recently. Which leads me to my next point:
- Brian Gionta is a whiny midget. Gionta, alone, is responsible for my grandfather no longer watching hockey. As it works with grandparents, you both usually end up repeating yourselves quite a bit in the 4 to 5 conversations you have a year. According to John, an elf like Brian Gionta wouldn't have lasted a game in the Gordie Howe era, but now somehow makes a living in front of the net. JL - " I don't even watch it anymore. These little guys can have a cup of coffee in front of the net and not even be touched."
- There has to be someone better than Rory Fitzpatrick on the Phantoms.
- Announcers sound stupid and players look hopeful when there actually is no hope if you know the final score and they don't.
- Ben Eager needs to read Friday's post. Whoever at Comcast took away my message board rights better print that one out and hang it in his locker.
- I would like Simon Gagne to come back. Speaking of injuries, NHL players need to quit grabbing their faces when sticks hit them. Not in the "Oh shit that hurt" way, I can understand that. They need to leave the Premiership "I've been fouled, please call a penalty" way on the pitch.
- Is there any real chance that the instigator rule will be eliminated?
- Just saw the Brodeur save on Briere on the powerplay late in the third - an amazing save. I knew it was no goal right away.....
Listened to - Grateful Dead - Franklin's Tower

2 Comments:
1) Nadine and I are convinced that Gio is literally a little person (dwarf, if you will). We actually had to look up his height during the game, and much to our surprise, he is listed at 5'7". We assume that means in heels.
(Additionally, we have come to the conclusion that the Devils are the shortest team in hockey. Ewwwwww.)
2) I could try and slip a printout of your post to Eags at practice. But really, you could just paper airplane it to him at the game on Friday.
3) I loved when Briere says "Wow" after seeing Brodeur's save. Wait, I already raved about that on Nadine's blog.
Um...that's all. Gotta get to bed now...
i propose we change the term "left something to be desired" to "ben eager"
so for example:
Hot girl#1: Did you sleep with Froin last night?
Hot girl#2: Yeah, but it was very ben eager.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home