Monday, August 10, 2009


Deciding who is going to room together on the road is probably one of the more mundane but possibly important decisions a coach can make off of the ice. Teams spend probably 40-50 nights in hotels during the 190 day season, and there is a lot of chemistry built on those trips. It's no secret that the players love it. I mean just picture it - getting to travel around for free and eat at the nicest places with 19 of your best friends every couple weeks. Not too shabby. There are a whole slew of different approaches to test out when deciding who is bunking with whom, like veteran and rookie, forward and d-man, a loud guy and a quiet guy, two guys who know each other pretty well already, or any combination of a number of these different dynamics. So just taking one quick shot and not getting too deep into thought about this, if I were John Stevens these are the room assignments we'd be headed out with on our first round trip:


Giroux and Powe
Carter and Richards
Hartnell and Timonen
Gagne and Coburn
Briere and Laperriere
Carcillo and Pronger
Emery and Boucher
Carle and Asham
Jones and Cote
Parent and Rabbit


I was close to putting Emery and Pronger together, but I was also close to putting Pronger in the presidential suite by himself in honor of our impending Stanley Cup. Part of me would like to keep all the d-men together and part of me thinks it's good for those two groups to mix it up, Remember the Titans style. Left Side!


Assuming this is our roster when things get under way, who would you, as John Stevens, be putting in in the Cum Cave with Daniel Carcillo? Would you make any of the guys sleep in a queen as a punishment? Or maybe a reward? Where else have I gone wrong?

10 Comments:

Blogger andy.bernard27 said...

Left Side! Strong Side!

August 10, 2009 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger the_Froin said...

I'd have to put Carcillo in with someone who does not resemble a female, so Briere is out.

Also nobody he could overpower and force them to watch him jam off....so Giroux, Powe, Gagne, Rabbit, Boucher and Timonen are out.

And I can't get him in with anyone who needs his beauty sleep, because he'll be watching Skinemax until 6am, so Jones is out.

So it would be down to Hartnell, Pronger or Laperriere, the latter two are to old to put up with a horndogs antics, so I'd give the honor to the Birddog. Let the late night rubdown-race commence!

August 10, 2009 at 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Snevik said...

Skeptical on a few on these, because they don't necessarily balance out obvious personality defects in certain individuals (cough Carcillo cough). Let's face it: Pronger's wife will nix CP rooming with an honorary member of the Entourage crew, anyway. Also, goalie on goalie action is never pleasant, unless you need to kill a rivalry between the two. But, with Emery as the clear starter, and with both goalies widely known as being bat shit insane, I think you'd just end up with mental instability. I'd be worried about JVR's frat boy mentality derailing Parent's progress. Finally, I'd like Gags and Giroux bunking--the former being the perfect mentor for the latter.

August 10, 2009 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah , but then what happens one night when Giroux wants to watch MTV and Gagne wants to wath Masterpiece Theater or the Bill Engval Show?

August 10, 2009 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Has an empirical study of Daniel Carcillo's masturbatory habits been published in any peer reviewed scientific journals lately? Where is all of this coming from?

August 10, 2009 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

From his crazy eyes.

August 10, 2009 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger the_Froin said...

and his sticky handshake...

August 10, 2009 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haha...GROSS.

August 10, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Snevik said...

Gagne/Giroux: Kid's gotta know that seniority wins out. He'll just have to settle with youtubing his Nike commercial over and over again, like I do.

August 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

They can sit up all night critiquing each other's commercials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYJDcl-j_RE

August 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home