Just got back from today’s traditional Black Friday overtime loss, and I must say, those jerseys look great. If I were a jersey guy I might get in on that. But alas, I am not.The game in and of itself was fairly entertaining. The first period was uneventful besides the Gratton Seabrook rematch. The second period was action packed to start, but those two crappy Hurricanes goals were kind of a buzz kill. And the third period felt more like a 20 minute wait for overtime than a period of hockey. Overtime was a disappointment, and then we left. That’s kind of how it went.
When I’m an old man I will, however, be able to tell random little boys in shopping malls how I was there for Glen Metropolit’s first NHL fight. A fight in which he seemed to know what he was doing. I was also there when the puck came out in slot number 2 during the cranberry sauce shuffle. I was there when the Flyers scored the prettiest non-goal I've ever seen. And I was there when Lasse Kukkonen had to dress up in his brand spanking new uniform for warm-ups only to immediately get undressed in front of his teammates while they prepared for the game.
The Flyers have now earned the last 16 out of 18 possible points. They’ve gone 9 games without losing in regulation. Which is still pretty darned good. The boys are already on a flight up to Toronto for tomorrow night’s game, where they hope to make it 10 in a row. But more on that tomorrow...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home