For what it's worth, I wasn't optimistic about the Flyers chances after they narrowly defeated the Islanders last Tuesday. I looked ahead on the schedule, saw a game on Thursday against the Pens, Saturday at the Habs, then a quick flight back to play the now upstart Thrashers at home on a Sunday night. (Note: Sunday nights at the FGSB office is generally reserved for crying, fort-making and trying on a lot of wool socks....not hockey)The Flyers played some really meaningful hockey the past week, and we've seen a glimpse of what this team can accomplish when they are checking hard, passing efficiently and performing sexy PKs. Thursday night saw the team rally from 3 goals down to almost beat the Pens. Gaining one point after being down by 3 goals on the road is a small accomplishment, and they built on it. They went into the stinky city and really dominated the Habs. Kovalev had a dirty hit on Gagne, and no one said a word. It was bullshit, and I bet he gets his due next time he's in Philly. What a cock Kovalev is. Besides the 3rd period which saw the Flyers look a bit sluggish, I'd say the Flyers really handled Montreal, and both goals were excellent snipes. Gratton got manhandled by BGL, but you have to give a AHL-lifer props for dropping with a guy thats knickname is "Big". Gratton got punched alot, yet still contributed. Seriously, our 4th line with Gratton-Alabama Slama - Asham is really generating alot of energy right now, even getting shots on net! I'd like to see Riley Cote do that!
Last night, the Flyers took care of what they needed to do. They let the Thrashers hang around, and their fatigure was noticable, but Kimmo, Gagne, Nitty and Lupul all stepped up and deliverd a home victory to those wierd people who like to party on Sunday nights.
Lupul's goal last night was dirty. Gagne only has one move on a breakaway...and it works everytime. Matt Carle looks good out there, as does Sbisa...every single game. Nitty and Biron looked solid all weekend, hopefully their early season rust is gone. Bottom line is that the Flyers got 5 points out of a possible 6 for the weekend. Sign of good things to come.
Thanks to Icethetics for the logo artwork.

2 Comments:
i dont understand how the hit on gagne by AK27 goes un-noticed...
a couple posts ago talked about intimidation...
why didnt kovalev pay? becauase we were in canada...i dont get it
I know, I know...I wanted retribution as well. Or "vengence now" if you will. But with BGL decimating Gratton, I didn't see any Flyers wanting to answer to him. Also, with a lead on the road, team was probably told to keep the emotions in check. I wouldn't be surprised if someone runs him in Philly.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home