Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tonight the Flyers are in Pittsburgh for their second game against the Pens this year. Pittsburgh, winners of 5 straight, just finished beating the Wings in possibly the best game this year. Pittsburgh is 2nd in the Atlantic and playing good hockey right now, despite missing a big group of their Defence. Malkin already has 24pts in 15 games. Marc-Andre-Sugarplum-Kissing-Fluery is still proving that ghey man have the right to stop pucks too. And that dude, with the mustache, from all the commericals...yeah, he's still on the team too. The pens have the ability to stretch their talent to multiple lines, and will be in the Flyers zone for most of the game. Scratch that, they'll probably set up some sort of shanty-town right on the Flyers blue line and chuck pucks at Biron like he's in a dunk tank. T

The Flyers, on paper, don't look like they can win this game. Briere, is out again. Our defense does not match up well against the Pens daunting offense. We haven't won in Pittsburgh in 7, and Scott Hartnell and Joffrey Lupul were clubbing all night in downtown 'Burg, so they'll be hung over. But do not forget...when these teams square off, expect fireworks. One team that I want the Flyers to play right now, at this point of the season, is a team that gets underneath the Flyers skin. The Flyers need a team to take their frustration out on, and what better opponent than the sissies by the Monongahela?

Hopefully John Stevens recent personel moves will light a fire under the whole team, and prove to their rivals, and the rest of the division that "although we start shitty, we're not going anywhere" I expect Carter, Hartnell and Upshall to all have monster games. I expect Satan to score, and me to throw up my Sierra Nevada after witnessing it. I expect 3 fights. I expect Kimmo and Coburn to have their best collective game of the year. I expect some douchey Penguins defenceman will get a goal. I expect Glen Metro to wheel and deal during some impressive forechecking. I expect to yell at my television at least 4 times. I expect the good game Biron had on LI to reflect in his confidence tonight. I expect Carle will get a point. I expect Richards and Crosby to be yappin' all game. And, I expect the Flyers to show up to this game unlike any we've seen all year, and dominate. Flyers will win this tilt.

Remember, keep your friends close...and your enemies so close, that you're almost kissing.


1 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

Well, at least you're keeping your expectations low!

I expect Alberts to hit someone dirty enough to get 3 games.

That penguin picture is freaking hilarious.

November 13, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home