I'm not surprised that Steve Downie received a suspension. As soon as I read 5 minute major - boarding I anticipated the moment I would first read of the news. What I am surprised at is that Paul, the owner of Kukla's Korner, subconsciously labeled Downie as a repeat hit-from-behind offender. Downie was suspended last preseason for a charging penalty. Randy Jones was suspended last season for a hit from behind. Steve Downie was boarded by BGL last season. Braydon Coburn received a boarding major against Ottawa 2 weeks ago. I know everyone's quick to jump all over this kid, but let's at least be accurate when we persecute him! "Steve Downie Gets Suspended Again" would have been fine. And accurate.Just because you are or were a Flyer , Paul, and you get suspended for a hit from behind, doesn't mean you're Ryan Hollweg all of a sudden.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home