Tuesday, August 11, 2009


Since this blog is both a Flyers and a USA Hockey blog (that's right, we're now a USA Hockey blog too, because this is the internet and we can do and say whatever we like) I feel a need to weigh in on this Patrick Kane thing. And here it is, get your cameras out and take a picture of it:


Who the fuck cares.


Do I think anyone should go around abusing cab drivers? No. Do I think anyone should go around abusing anyone at all? No. But I also don't think that just because we're aware of every single thing that every single famous person does on a daily basis means that we should care about it. I'd love to see some of the shit that bloggers, journalists, and commentors have done since they were adolescents be shared around the Thanksgiving table this coming November. Wouldn't that be fun?


And for those of you who expect more out of Patrick Kane because he's a professional athlete, let me be very clear when I say this, you're fucking idiots. Just because you bought a Patrick Kane poster for your son doesn't mean that Kane has to live a life that none of us can - that is to say mistake free. I call each of you that expect more of him idiots because I expect more of you. He is a 20 year old multimillionaire. You know he's out getting drunk. You know he's out banging chicks. You know he's out getting in fights. Have you ever even heard of Guns n' Roses? Youth, fame, money, and booze. Same results every time. And what did you expect? He should keep his private affairs to himself? Well no shit, NASA recruit, that's what they're trying to do.


But privacy will never exist at any level for the famous anymore. And it's all of our fault. And phone companies - them too. So get used to every mistake of your children's future (or future children's) heroes being plastered all over the front page of the sports section. And when your kids ask what rape is because they can Google Ben Roethlisberger or addiction is because they love Josh Hamilton, make sure you tell them that they are the result of those Star Magazines siting on your coffee table.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Matty matt said...

Very well said..and remember everyone, he was "accused" of beating up a cabbie, we dont know for a fact that he did anything wrong, it might have been his cousin (who was with him) who did it all...or maybe neither one of them did anything, we should all wait until all the facts are out

August 11, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home