Do you remember last month? I can't even remember last week, let alone last month. Ever since I started taking Gary Dornhoeffer's medication, things have been a bit fuzzy. So when I started to wonder about what happened the last time the Sabres and the Flyers played, I checked the innnernettes out. Guess what, we won! 6-3 was the final. Do you remember that game? That was the game where Mike Richards dominated. 5 point night. He did everything. That was also the game where we had the ridiculous shift in the offensive zone. You know, the one that ended in a Braydon Coburn clapper that whizzed past Ryan Miller. It was a crazy shift. What's funny is that some teams play like that all the time. The Flyers do not. It was so awesome because the Flyers had some amazing 'effort plays' by all 5 players on the ice to get it done. 2 empty netters capped off a thrilling game and the victory beers were opened. That was less than a month ago, and tonight, the third act takes place.The Flyers have beaten the Sabres both times this year so far, outscoring them 9-3. Ryan Miller is out, so the Flyers are going to be up against either Patrick Lalime or Mikael Tellqvist. I can't imagine that those two goalies scare the pee out of you, as they don't even make me flinch. The Sabres always seem to be stuck between a rock (the playoffs) and a hard place ( the 10th best team in the East) Buffalo is a small market who saw tons of talent go in the past few years. Danny Breeze is one of them. It stinks because I bet Buffalo is a decent place to play hockey (If you can get past that terrible announcer, and Lindy Ruff's quasi-homoerotic facial hair). Buffalo has some talent at forward, but no big star. They score goals, but rank 14th in goals per game. Their defense is full of jaggoffs, but they rank 5th in the PK. Needless to say, the Sabres are mysteries wrapped inside of an enigma wrapped inside of a Amaroso roll.
The Sabres need these points, but so do the Flyers. Seeds 5 through 9 are within 4 points of the O&B. Hopefully the boys can string together two solid games in a row, and build some momentum for a showdown with the Caps later this week. But they can't look past the Sabres. If they let up against them, they'll score in bunches. The Flyers need to keep the Sabres at even strength, play the type of attacking, puck-moving style that caught the Predators so offguard.
Mike Richards sure will be ready to go tonight. I hope Scott Hartnell gets one too. In fact, I'm calling a greasy goal for the red fro'ed #19. Marty Biron has to be strong again to get a W. I think he'll play real solid against his old club. Who knows if Danny Briere's penis will feel ready for the game, but I bet he's playing with it in a bathtub full of bubbles and rubber duckies right now. If that guy can't get pumped to show it to his old club, then something is wrong with him (and no, I don't mean his mid section). I'm also looking at Carcillo to keep showing us why Homer got him. He'll prob. either score a point or drop the gloves tonight, and hopefully he does both.
It's a Tuesday night, and it's a nationaly televised game. HD suckas. Flyers should cream the Sabres tonight. Marty Biron is going to show the haters what he's made of. Let's Go Flyers.

4 Comments:
I'm plenty scared of Patrick Lalime. It was like 2002 or something when the Flyers were a 2 seed and played Ottawa and Lalime in the first round and scored all of two goals in the entire five game series. Definitely their worst playoff performance ever.
Oh yeah, those two empty net goals during the last Sabres game were great. Thanks for jogging my memory!
Salmon, I live in DC, and drove up for two of those home games...
I've never seen a team quit on a coach like they quit on Barber...
The WIP was the most entertaining I met have ever heard it.
Do you remember that we eked out game 1 on a kicked in goal? Then dropped 4 straight.
Hey Froin...Hartz scored two tonite, thanks for coming out...take this complimentary box of wheat thins (by Nabisco); and a case of turtle wax for your efforts.
I am going to get a Flyers jersey #13 that reads:
Oglethorpe Fukther
Look for me at the Wack this Spring during the playoffs....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home