
Well, we all know what happened on Saturday. Flyers showed up for 1 period, then couldn't stop thinking about Joffrey Lupul's after party at Club Flow long enough to stay focused and beat a beatable team. That game sucked, except for Briere and Carle, and if it weren't for 8 miller lights, I'd have to remember the whole thing. Some random notes from Saturday:
- A big cheers go out to the ticket agent in booth 18. Thanks to an intern forgetting the tickets in New York City, this anonymous represenitive of the Flyers organization believed our story and reprinted our tickets, without anyone from FGSB having to cry, or perform suspicious acts to get into the Wach. Best part of the game took place an hour before it started.
- The wierd survey dude in the Pavillion. While enjoying beers, crab fries and watching PSU lose, this guy asked about 500 questions regarding the pavillion. Also, his scale from 1-7 was a bit odd. Why is 7 a legit number to say "Yes, I had so much fun here, I'm ranking it a 7".
- Boo to the Fan Gear stalls around the Wach. Terrible selection for merchandise. Why not have a huge board of shirts representing every Flyer? Make some sort of graphical way to show the lines by arranging t-shirts of the starters. Why not make 20 Metropolit t-shirts. I bet they'd sell. I couldn't find one black t-shirt for an adult, anywhere in the whole stadium. I also saw about 5000 orange colored Biron shirts. Ugly as sin. More on fan's gear later...
- A giant Boo to Flyers fans who get custom jerseys or buy a blank jersey. Although a "CLAMCHOWDER" flyers jersey was pretty funny, there were about 20 blank jerseys in the audience that I saw. There were also some terrible custom jerseys. Why go through the effort? Why be so lazy and noncommital that you don't buy a actual player's jersey. I am not a jersey guy, so I'm probably out of my element here. We have one of the deepest selection of historic players in the entire league. Go old school with a Hextall or a Howe, or a Schultz. Go new school with a Richards or Carter, two guys you know will be around for the next 5+ years. Can someone drop some knowledge on this topic for me? Fans were leaving me perplexed.
- Big props to the lady rockin' the Finnish Kapanen jersey. See Philadelphia, get creative in your jersey selection, and don't just buy the Modell's discount ones in July.
- Boo to Jeff Carter, for missing the net on a shot that turned into the Lightning's second goal. You can't miss the net when you're entering the zone on a 3 on 2. Bad shot selection that wasn't kept in, easily transistioned into a goal for the 'Ning.
- Big cheer to Danny Briere for coming back and immedietly contributing. Great goal. Only highlight of the actual game.
- Big cheer to Matt Carle, easily our best defenceman of the game. He showed immedietly why they made the trade for him. Calm back there, effective on a one-on-one, and moved the puck up and out of the zone without any effort.
- Somewhat of a boo/cheer hybrid to Asham. Two shitty looking fights that didn't really get the fans going. Also, why the hell is Josh Gratton playing if he isn't going to fight? Although he did play solid, I think he couldn't energized the team in the 2nd with a good tilt.

5 Comments:
For me, the highlight of the game was the way the fans booed the Flyers for the last 3 minutes of the game. I don't know that I've ever seen the natives so restless, not even in the shit season of 06-07.
I know Carle must have been good, because I didn't say "Carle you suck" even once. I used to say "Eminger you suck" at least 7 times per game. That's gotta be a good sign, right?
I liked how Eminger got a penalty in the third period. Too bad the Flyers couldn't capitalize, but it was perfect Eminger-being Eminger play. I felt the crowd was dead the whole game, not much to cheer about.
I'm sooo glad I sold this game. I'm liking this Carle fellow, though.
One day, far far away:
Timmo - Coburn
Jones - Vanannen
Carle - Parent
That would be solid gold.
I'm with you on Fan Gear sucking at having decent stock. I have total envy of those horrid Pens fans for the fact that, as of last season, yes, you could purchase any current player's shirt there.
Ugh! In what alternate universe is that fair or even right? ;P
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home