
I wrote "Flyers Contacts" yesterday and thought it was funny. It's kind of an undefined notion, but pretty much anyone that had anything to do with the Flyers I tend to keep an eye on. Like Bryan Berard, for instance. The guy never dressed in a regular season game but I liked the fact that he wanted to, so I followed him off-and-on through his KHL season. Now there's a flipside to it too, like take Ruslan Fedetenko for instance. There's only so much I can take. First the guy was BF-ing us as a member of the Lightning and now as Penguin? I've had enough of that shit. But there are some former Flyers and Flyer contacts that still have a chance of getting their name engraved on the cup this year.
Ossi Vaananen - Ossi only played in 3 games after the Canucks pinched him off waivers back in February. He's surely not pleased with that, but while the rest of the Flyers he started the season with are miniature golfing he got to watch a stellar hockey game last night for free!
Ben Eager - I don't know how he did it, but he managed to score 11 goals this regular season. I'll tell you how many goals he's going to score in Game 2 against the Canucks - zero. There's no doubt that Eager is going to be suspended for his like elbow to the head of Vancouver's Rick Rypien.
Patrick Sharp - As chronicled many times in this space, giving up Patrick Sharp for the security code for Sputnik was one of Bobby Clarke's greatest worst mistakes, and one of Sheryl Crowe's favorite.
Rod Brind'Amour - I still can't believe the Hurricanes came back and won that game. But The Bod is now only 12 wins away from his second Stanley Cup since leaving the Flyers. Hope there's no lesson to learn in that....
Michael Leighton - You didn't think I'd catch you Michael? It doesn't matter that you only played 4 games as a Flyer during the worst season of our history and are currently backing up Cam Ward...I'm watching all of you!
Joni Pitkanen - Did you guys see when Staal scored the second goal in the last minute the other night and was looking for someone to celebrate with and the closest person was Joni Pitkanen? That must have sucked because Staal jumped way up in the air and Joni just stood there - what a fart.
Dennis Seidenberg - stile rocking those stupid tuuks that look like roller blades. What else would expect from a German. Except for him and Patrick Thoresen to open a club where the dance floor is made of ice.
Mark Recchi - How is this guy still playing in the NHL? How did he get 61 points this year? His younger brother retired from hockey 16 years ago - take a hint Mark! If the Bruins can win the Cup Recchi will get a third ring, having won with the Penguins in '91 and the Hurricanes in 2006.
Mark Eaton - The Dick from Delaware, who will join the Wilkesbarre Scranton Yankees when the season ends, only dressed in 27 games for the Flyers before he became a traitor.
Ruslan Fedetenko - That's what happens when you let Russians play on your team. They learn all your secrets and then use them to knock you out of the playoffs every chance they get.
So we've got 1 Canuck, 2 Blackhawks, 4 Hurricanes, 1 Bruin, and 2 Penguins still pursuing the Stanley Cup. While our captain, who figures to look more like Edward Scissorhands next season than Bobby Clarke, is going under the knife.
Good times. Let's Go Caps, Bruins, Hawks, and Wings.

3 Comments:
TSN says Homer has talked to Ray Emery's agent.
...please, no!
Why not?
Not that nutcase! He'll be hanging out on the side of the turnpike instead of showing up to practice!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home