In case you were wondering what Scott Fartsmell, Hartnell thought about the upcoming promotion involving fans wearing replicas wigs of his red-fro, here you go. This guy is going to go down as one of the most liked Flyers of all time. Birddog does everything, from mucking it up, scoring goals, fighting when needed to, chirping at the opposition, no-look passes and having a laugh. People say we overpaid for him (I'm looking at you, John Buccigross) but I don't see it that way. He has the most points of his career this year and can be inserted into numerous situations. He has carved out a role on a team stacked up front and with a player very similiar to him in Mike Knuble. Hartnell is a top 6 forward that I want on the team for years to come. Seriously, they are giving out replica afros of the same guy who threw his glove at Ryan Malone when he was on a breakaway. And if you don't think I'm dressing up as Scott Hartnell come October 31st, well you got another thing coming mister...
3 Comments:
Hartnell has been worth every cent. With regard to Flyers that are overpaid, we'll definitely need to revisit that next season when Lupul's salary jumps to $4.25 million.
Dude is going to have to pot more than 20 goals for that kind of money. I don't see it happening.
hartnell is the new and improved keith jones. but with beautiful, flowing locks of the purist auburn....why is everyone staring at me like that?
with lupul-i don't think we can justify keeping him for that much money. BRING UPSHALL BACK.
JD - question is, can you find another team (that doesn't also see him as grossly overpaid) to send him to?
I initially thought Toronto, since Burke drafted the guy and may not necessarily have wanted to part with Lupul in the Pronger trade, but with that salary and that production level, he will literally be one of the most overpaid players at that salary number.
I wrote an article on it a few months ago if you want to check it out:
http://ronnybrook.blogspot.com/2008/11/philadelphia-flyers-finances-is-joffrey.html
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home