
I couldn't believe it when the Flyers turned a 2-1 deficit into a 4-2 lead in the blink of an eye. I could believe it when the Caps reversed that lead in one period. Does that make me a true Philly fan? I don't know ,but if that doesn't, this does. Between the second and third period the only thing I really had to say about the game was "Enjoy this feeling now because it can only get worse."
If the Flyers had scored another goal, basically icing the game, I still wouldn't have been as excited as I was during the 2nd period. If the Caps managed to get one goal the avalanche would begin...
The good thing about the playoffs, as opposed to the regular season, is that not every game matters. If you lose a game in the regular season you could be losing ground in the points race to 29 other teams. In the playoffs there is only one opponent. And there are some games you're just not supposed to win. If the Flyers can get just one game in Washington they will have accomplished their goal over the weekend.
Sidenote: Mike Green is the laziest player in the NHL. He also has (faux-hawk aside) the worse style on the ice. I never thought I'd say this about anyone, but he looks worse than Jim Dowd. Kind of like a marionette. No....exactly like a marionette.

2 Comments:
Balls...
R: See you tomorrow at the Wachovia Center!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home